Method of administration:
- This drug should be used in accordance with smoking cessation guidelines.
- Prescribers should assess the patient’s motivation to quit. Smoking cessation therapies are more likely to succeed in those patients whom are motivated to quit and have motivational support.
- This tablets should be swallowed whole. The tablets should not be cut, crushed or chewed as this may lead to an increased risk of adverse effects including seizures.
- This tablet can be taken with or without food (see sections 4.5 and 5.2).
- Patients should be treated for 7-9 weeks.
- Although discontinuation reactions are not expected with Zyban, a tapering-off period may be considered.
- If at seven weeks no effect is seen, treatment should be discontinued.
- This is contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity to bupropion or any of the excipients listed in section 6.1.
- It is contraindicated in patients with a current seizure disorder or any history of seizures.
- This drug is contraindicated in patients with a known central nervous system (CNS) tumour.
- Zyban is contraindicated in patients who, at any time during treatment, are undergoing abrupt withdrawal from alcohol or any medicinal product known to be associated with risk of seizures on withdrawal (in particular benzodiazepines and benzodiazepine-like agents).
- Zyban is contraindicated in patients with a current or previous diagnosis of bulimia or anorexia nervosa.
- Zyban is contraindicated for use in patients with severe hepatic cirrhosis.
Zyban (bupropion) is an antidepressant in the aminoketone drug class used for smoking cessation. A generic formulation is available. The most common side effects of Zyban are agitation, dry mouth, insomnia, headache, nausea, constipation, and tremor. Some patients may experience weight loss. Seizures also occur, especially at higher doses.
Store at room temperature. Protect from heat, light and moisture. Keep away from reach of children.
For other health product please visit : Zithromax, Allegra, buy rocaltrol online, Lyrica, protonix etc.