Protonix which contain Pantoprazole is a medicine used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), a condition that causes gastric juices to flow upward from the stomach and into the esophagus. This medication also treats conditions in which the stomach makes excess acid, including Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. This product is available in tablet, enteric-coated tablet, and packet form.
Those taking this medication should read the directions carefully to determine at what time the medication should be taken each day. For example, the oral suspension is taken 30 minutes before a meal, while the tablet can be taken once or twice per day with or without food.
Mechanism of action:
Pantoprozale is known as a proton-pump inhibitor. The medication works on the cells in the stomach that are responsible for producing acid. When a person takes the medication, the amount of stomach acid is reduced, which can minimize painful symptoms related to GERD.
- have an allergy to pantoprazole or other proton-pump inhibitors, such as dexlansoprazole (Dexilant), esomeprazole (Nexium), lansoprazole (Prevacid), omeprazole (Prilosec, Zegerid), or rabeprazole (AcipHex)
- are pregnant, breastfeeding, or are planning on becoming pregnant
- have a history of low blood magnesium (hypomagnesium)
- have a history of osteoporosis or other bone-wasting diseases
Medications that can adversely interact with pantoprazole include:
- blood thinners warfarin
- iron supplements
- bone fractures, especially to the wrist, hips, or spine
- blistering or peeling skin
- signs of a severe allergic reaction, such as facial swelling, difficulty breathing, or hives
- irregular and/or pounding heartbeat
- severe diarrhea
- symptoms of hypomagnesia, such as muscle spasms, arrhythmias or seizures
Store at room temperature. Protect from heat, light and moisture. Keep away from reach of children.
For other health product please visit : Lyrica, Xenical, buy Mycomune s 360 online, Meloxicam, zyban, Zithromax etc.